Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechatronics Concept Designer: Adding a Model with Robot Motion to New Assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

this post is referring to the previous post Solved: Robot Motion in MCD of NX.

I followed all steps, which worked perfectly for me, but I have issues when adding the model to another assembly.

What I want to do:

The robot assembly, which contains all of the MCD physics should be added identically to another parent assembly. The motion path and overall behaviour should remain the same as before.

What I tried:

I opened an MCD model with two tables and a workpiece, in which I want to integrate the robot model. With the Assembly tab and the Add button I added the robot assembly and moved it between both tables.

All physics are still available and the Path Constraint Joint shows the correct path. But when I start the simulation, the robot arm is shaking and going crazy.

(view in My Videos)

What is remarkable: If I start the simulation with the deactivated Position Control and drag the robot arm around, it seems to move on the correct path. Somehow, as soon as the Position Control is re-activated again, I get the same issues as before.

(view in My Videos)

What am I doing wrong? I tested this problem with both MCD 11 and MCD 12.

The example project is attached, maybe someone can help me with this problem.

Thank you and greetings,

Gianluca

3 REPLIES

Re: Mechatronics Concept Designer: Adding a Model with Robot Motion to New Assembly

Creator
Creator

Hi, I found the reason, but I dont have solution Smiley Sad

So, i guess your splines has been defined in the part Coord System. If you build the part in, you move it somwhere in the assembly, but the pathspline tries to use the old coordinates.

Try it out: build the part in and do not move. Just start a simulation.

Re: Mechatronics Concept Designer: Adding a Model with Robot Motion to New Assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi CSDI,

thank you for your help!

Indeed, if I simply add the part to a default position without moving, it still works fine.
I'm trying to figure it out how to move the robot with the spline afterwards. If I find a solution, I'll post it.

Maybe, in the meantime, someone else finds also a solution! :-)

Thanks,
Gianluca

Creator
Creator

Meanwhile i also wanted to use a path-constrain, so i used this Workaround:
-I have created a Part_A with path-constrain (but I used a studio spline)

-If I want to build in an assembly I make a copy Part_B

-I paste the Part_B in the assembly, move it in the right position, and I change the ownership of all Physics objects at once. ( I select every Physics object, right click, Change Owner Component, and I select nothing, so the owner will be the top assembly) In this step all Physics object will be deleted from the part, thats reason of the version *_B
-If needed, i define the path again (I have to click through the Coordiantes again, it takes only 10 sec)
-If I want to paste more times, then i create Part_C, Part_D and so on. Not the beutiest, but its work at least