Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechatronics Concept Designer - how to create a loop of operations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone,

I have a very easy question (that I can't seem to figure out myself)

I created a sequence that I want to repeat over and over again, for instance picking up a product and putting it in a box. The product is always at the same coordinates and always angled the same. So lets say there is one product at a time but I've already defined my movements and the pick up process through operations, now I want me robot to repeat that action until theres no product left laying there. I know how to create links between operations but how do I tell the program "If Signal xx = true, start with operation 1" for example.

I want to create a loop, only within Mechatronics concept designer.

Can I make a new operation depend on an existing one? 

I cant imagine it to be too difficult, I just cant find the solution.

Thanks for your help

**I attached a video of an example scenario that I want to repeat in a loop, only by using Siemens NX , Mechatronics Concept Designer**

4 REPLIES

Re: Mechatronics Concept Designer - how to create a loop of operations

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you create the operation from the sequence editor you can add a conditional object. You may have to  show all the options in the dialogue with the "More" from top left of the dialogue.

The conditional object can be a signal( colision sensor etc.) and the operation will only happen if the conditional logic is met.

nx_help/#goto:mechatronics:id1109428

I have attached a sample. Open the top level file Assy_mcd_training_plant_complete.prt. You can see the conditional event arm2 start. don't forget to stop the event, in this example arm2 stop is linked straight after the arm2 start event.

Hope it helps.

Paul

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Paul,

thank you for your response and the model. It helps alot! 

I do know of the option to make one Operation conditional but I never got the same operation to replay itself.

Can we create a loop with operations that only depend on time? For example we have one operation that includes a IF condition to go back to Operation (1) or to Second 1 or something like that?

Thanks again!

Lisa

Siemens Phenom

Ah I see. Here is a basic sample, I don't think it's exactly what you want as I think you want a set number of loops but it's a start. Maybe make a runtime behaviour to count the loops then stop the motion would be one way.

Paul

Siemens Phenom

or you could have a third sensor that stops everything when not axctive.