Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge an assembly into an unique body

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello there !

I'm working on a model that has already been used by a guy last year, and he made some videos to explain the different steps of his work. The model is an assembly, with 5 patterned components. The thing is, something happened between 2 videos and is not explained :

1.pngEnd of the first video2.pngBeginning of the second

He has suppressed some geometric features, but I really wonder how this body appeared. When selected, it represents the whole assembly, and it seems to be in the same file. I would need to know how it's done to go on working with this model. 

Thank you by advance, and forgive my language mistakes.

6 REPLIES

Re: Merge an assembly into an unique body

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

One method i can think of is 

Your friend has taken WAVE links of all the components in the assembly part. United them (if possible) and then used REMOVE PARAMETERS to save it a single UNPARAMETRIZED BODY.

Attaching one video hereith.

(view in My Videos)

Best Regards

Kapil

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

The astonishing thing is, even with this unique body, the edges between the different components are still visible, and the faces are still separated. For some reasons, my Unite operation retain some edges / faces separated and merge the others...

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Hécatte,

Are those two images are of same or different part. Because with 'File > Export > Part' you can export an assembly with or without parameters which is referred as 'Flat Assembly'.

Siemens Phenom

Hi Ganesh,

I was also thinking about the export part option but even then if there are disconnected components then these will be exported as seperate dumb  bodies...Smiley Sad so no idea how 1 body is there in the part navigator. I thought that unite will give the final body but Hecatte said the resultant body shows some distinct edges for different components also.

Hi Hecatte,

Can you show us some visual of the assembly and the part file also ....if possible?

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

One last option i can think of is this..

(view in My Videos)

Best Regards

kapil

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your help. 

I had read some things about the Simplify assembly tool, but we don't have access to the Advanced module.

Untitled.png

As you can see, there is this one body in the part navigator but the borders of the components are still visible. The blue ring you can see is one of the "Revolve", the other one is on the other side.

I assumed it was the same file because the 2 Revolve are still there, but it might be another part, it's not really important, the essential thing to me is to get this unique body.