Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric Threaded Holes in Inch Parts

Creator
Creator

Maybe the answer is so obvious I shouldn't need to ask the question, but here goes...

How can I put Metric holes in an Inch part, or vice-versa?

Looking for answers, all I see are references to Callout conversion errors, or advice on changing units of the part. I don't want to change the units, and I'll deal with any conversion errors as they arise.

I simply want to be able to use Inch or Metric threads and clearance holes, wherever I need them, without regard to the Units of the part or assembly I'm working in.

Any help?

3 REPLIES

Re: Metric Threaded Holes in Inch Parts

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

In the hole dialog -> settings section, change the standard to inch or metric as needed.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Just open the Threaded-Hole dialog and select the type of thread, be it Metric or Imperial, irrespective of what the model units are.  Granted, the Threaded-Hole feature may default to the current Part units but that does not prevent you from selecting the thread class that you wish to use.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Creator
Creator

Thanks to both of you; as I said maybe the answer is too obvious!

With the settings box collapsed at the bottom of the dialog I just didn't notice it. (I'd recommend the dialog be reorganized to put the Settings panel (renamed to "Standard?") above the Form and Dimensions panel - making the workflow move from general to specific - but I can live with this now that I know the options are there.