Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating plotters to new NX version

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Does anyone have a best practice method, to migrate plotters to a new version of NX?

Last time we went from NX8.5 to NX9, we ran into an issue that required us to start over, with the NX9 default files.  I don't recall the details, but GTAC suggested then, that you always copy the latest files from the install, and start from there.

That wasn't a bit deal then, we had very few setup, but now we have many plotters and printers setup as plotters, across two geographical locations.  Any tips/tricks would be great.  Initially, I think I'm going to try without changing anything, and hope for the best.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Migrating plotters to new NX version

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Since the new plotting interface was introduced, I didn't do anything special, just used the same plotter folder on our common server share.

I don't customize files on the clients, just the ones stored on the server share.

Using a common plot group file, nothing special.PlotGroupFile.PNGCustomer Deafults - Gateway - Plotting

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

That's the plan I'm going with, and hoping whatever the 8.5 to 9.0 issue we had, was a one off deal.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember when the new plotting system was introduced, but I have used the same plot group folder for NX 7.5, NX 8.5 and now with NX 10 without much changes other than adding or removing printers as they come and go.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide