Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Component Assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

I want to mirror a component assembly while retaining all internal features, and copying any children(while are typically fasteners and subtracted from the parent component). The children are not constrainted to the parent. Mirror assembly seems to only an unparameterized body. Mirror assembly will output a mirror linked body or a mirror unparamterized body. Is it possible to get a mirrored assembly with features?

Nx 9

Edit: Added some clarification

DHuskic Nx 9
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mirror Component Assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Denis,

While mirroring an assembly you have 3 types of mirror:

1. "Reuse and reposition" is the default one. This will add the mirrored part inside the assembly, and will have all the same features than the original part (since it is the same part-file).
  2. "Associative mirror". This will create a new part with a linked body in it.
  3. "Non Associative mirror". This will create a new part with a dummy body in it.

I think that what you need is to select the "Reuse and reposition feature". This will also mirror the children components. It may happen that the parent mirrored component is created as a dummy body, but it still have its children parts. If you want to have the same mirrored parent component than the original one, you can use "Replace component" on the mirrored parent part.

Captura.JPG

Regards,

MSV

MSV
NX 9.0.3.4
NX 11.0.0.33

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello MSV,

Thanks for the help. I can't seem to get the Reuse and reposition mirror type to output a mirrored version of the assembly. Currently the output I get from Reuse and reposition would match that of copying/pasting the assembly, and then repositioning it. I'm not sure if Reuse and reposition is supposed to output a mirror.

DHuskic Nx 9

Pioneer
Pioneer
Oh yes, you are right.
But then I am not sure that it is possible to get a full mirrored body keeping the features. Probably a linked body is the best you can get. But if I have understood it properly that is not enough for you.

Let's see if somebody can shed some light on this.

MSV
NX 9.0.3.4
NX 11.0.0.33