Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror assembly

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I know that mirror assembly is not associative, nor in the next NX version. Someone has a workaround ?

I've add 20 constraints and I don't want to add again.

If I make the mirror assembly, if I change the plane, the mirrored assembly stay in the original position.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Mirror assembly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If I make the mirror assembly, if I change the plane, the mirrored assembly stay in the original position.

Do you mean, if position (distance) of the plane used to mirror assembly is changed, then mirror assembly position does not get updated automatically?

Regards,
Ganesh

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @GaneshKadole,

yes.

For example :

In assembly I've a cylinder (sub-assembly) with 20 contraints to other sub assembly to lift something.

Create a plane offset to the cylinder axis of 200 mm. Create the mirror assembly. OK.

Change the plane to 250 and mirrered assemply stay in the original position.

This is the standard NX workflow from years an the same for NX 12.

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

I just checked the mirror assembly operation. When I change the distance of the plane used to create a mirror assembly, it updates the position of the mirror assembly. I have selected the 'Associative Mirror' option while creating the mirror assembly. If option 'Non Associative Mirror' is selected, then position of mirror assembly will not update if plane position is changed.
ma.PNG

Regards,
Ganesh

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @GaneshKadole,

I talk about mirror assembly, not mirror part. I want two identical des01_spring_shock_absorber, positioned in simmetry. You have generated the left and right parts.

Thank you...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That feature would be great. If moving a part of the original half side of the assembly the part (same prt than the original) move at level assembly to keep simetry or if replacing a part in one half of the assembly the mirrored part (same prt than the other) is replaced it would led to a very faster design for simetric assemblies (there are a lot of them).