Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing expression when adding a PDW standard component

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, 

We have been using Progressive Die Wizard (PDW) and facing few issues while using the PDW features. 

As per the attached image, when any component from standard part management is being used/added to the assembly file, some of the parts looses the inter part expression relation. 

This issue is not often and does not occur for all the assembly files though they are similar. 

1.jpgExpression Not Updated

Can any one suggest the solution or workaround for the issue?

Best Regards,

Praveen

5 REPLIES

Re: Missing expression when adding a PDW standard component

Pioneer
Pioneer
Any suggestion from members?

Please let me the possible solution.

Phenom
Phenom

In PDW there are some Smart Reusable Library components and they are driven by Data entered for pre-specified templates; especially the components driven by Clearance Management

So two options available: Run “Clearance Management” Tool or find components under different Library.  

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello @mike_fdo

I have checked both the options but did not find the possible solution. 

We use reuse library components extensively and all the library components are located on the server.

It is very strange that it does not affect the other die assemblies but it pops with the error message for few of the die assemblies.

Any other possible suggestions?

Regards,

Praveen

NX11.0.1 + PDW | NX9.0.2 + PDW | Daimler NX | GM NX | FCS TC

Phenom
Phenom

What about “Die Base” and “Die Design Settings”?

These are my assumptions only. Due to PDW’s limitations and practicality, we are not successful in implementing fully this highly theoretical NX  module. I find for some functions to work, Sun, Moon and Earth should come in to a certain pre-defined pattern.

A German company I know, who is using PDW has employed a fulltime programmer to make it work for them.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello @mike_fdo

I agree with you. To make it working we have to make all kind of exercise. 

As we have global Group and Site directory set in the user's Environment variable file, so it should take care of the Die base and Die design settings from customer defaults. 

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Praveen