Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Model Compare

Hello,

I have an Experience with other CAD System but from last one year i am working on Siemens NX 10.

Right now working on Comparing two models(Old & New revision of parts) and Assembly. In Analysis there is one Feature Model Compare to compare geometries of models.

I also want to Compare Structural Metadata and Trees  of models. Is there any option to compare these things in NX 10??  Or any others Feature to Model Compare that newly add to Siemens NX 11 ????

Thant help me a lot.

Best Regards,
Rohan

4 REPLIES

Re: Model Compare

The "model compare" utility also has the ability to compare features and expressions between two parameterized files. What type of "structural metadata" are you looking to compare?

Hallo,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I want to compare all data sets regarding Geometry(Shape), Product Structure and meta data.

I can Compare Geometry by using features Model Compare.But if I want to Compare big Assembly by Product Structure because its take a time to load whole Assembly.

So if there any features to Compare Product Structure in NX 10 or 11 ??

Hi Rohan,

I am not sure about any automated way of doing the same but you can export the product structure to a spreadsheet (Right Click in empty space for Assembly Navigator or Model Navigator and the use "EXPORT TO SPREADSHEET"). You can then use these spreadsheets for comparing.

Best Regards

Kapil

Hallo

Thanks a lot Kapil.

I know the Option "Export To Spreadsheet" but i want automated Features. I have to investigate that there are any Automated features  available already or not. If not then my work on Automate this Option.