Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Model Updates on Changes

I am sure there is something quite simple that I am missing or there is a setting that needs to be updated, but why is that when I update a sketch plane offset - say originally the datum plane I am using for my sketch plane is offset 10" and I subsequently decide that I want to change this datum plane's offset to 12", I would expect that the sketch that originally used this datum plane and any features created would move down 2" without any input from me, but things are not working that way - I have to manually go back into the sketch and reattach it to the same datum plane in it's new location.  Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays everyone.

5 REPLIES

Re: Model Updates on Changes

[ Edited ]

Make sure "Associative Origin" is toggled on, in the create sketch dialog, its down in the Settings section.

Also check if "Delay Model update" is turned on?  if so, turn it off.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Associated Origin is checked as well as create Intermediate Datum CSYS and Associated Origin.  I am using a point on an arc center as my origin and that does not change, only the location of the datum plane is changing - I'm wondering if it has to do with my origin point not lying on my sketch plane that is causing the issue?

I did an experiment with the origin point being out of plane, and my sketch moved with my plane.  Did not see anything else that jumped out at me, that may cause the issue.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Thanks, this only seems to happen in this weird instance - if you imagine a cylinder, I would be using the center point of my cylinder as my origin, but my datum plane is offset a vertical distance from the centerline of the cylinder - so far this seems to be the only time the issue comes up, but I do run into other unexpected non-updates - I'll keep an eye on your suggestion regarding the origin point and see if that comes into play.

have tried doing a feature replay.  Maybe you have some option about delay model update on?  Just guessing around on this.  Look under tools and update.