Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model view vs drafting model view

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

when I create a master model drawing I can add view from the master model 3D or from the model view of the drawing. For example, if I need to create an exploded view, I need to create step explosion in the 3D of the drawing and isometric view from 3D or from drafting 3D result different. Using this concept, I've an classic assembly with standard view (top, front, isometric). I created a master model drawing adding an isometric view, using the 3D of the master model assembly, ballooned and all appear correct.

Now, in drafting, I change the environment to 'modeling' and add a cut assembly. When I return in drafting environment, the isometric view result with the cut assembly feature. I thought I used drafting view, but when I add isometri assembly view, the cut assembly feature is present. If I go to the assembly, the assembly cut feature is correctly not present.

Help to understand ?

Attached images ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

2 REPLIES

Re: Model view vs drafting model view

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Easy way is to use 'Section View' command based on existing view if you have license for PMI.

Re: Model view vs drafting model view

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please read the documentation for the Assembly Cut command carefully. To use this command correctly, you must make the actual assembly the work part. It is not meant to be used to create unique drawing views.

It looks like you are just trying to create a view on your drawing that provides an internal view of your assembly? If so, consider using the Pictorial Section View command, or the Breakout Section View command to create this drawing view.