Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling from NX 10 to NX 11

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

In this moment I'm having a big problem. For some years I used NX 10 to create some templates (Gears, screws, etc). Recently the company change the version to NX 11 and when I try to use those templates is not possible to update them because are open over-restrained and some expressions are missing or the operations are wrong.

Could you be so kind to help me with this issue? I really don't have idea what is happening.

I've created new templates in NX 11 but the big problem is with all the parts that have been created along all this years.

5 REPLIES

Re: Modeling from NX 10 to NX 11

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

When we switched there was setting we had to change, for the expressions. 

Go to your customer defaults, go to simulation, go to user interface.  Then you will see an expression angular units for distance calculations.  Switch this from Radians to degrees.  See if this helps out a bit.

Our springs blew up because of the this customer default.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=expression+angular+un...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, this first change resolved the problems with the user expressions, now the problems is with the over restrained sketches. 

Gears Phenom

Sorry can't help you on this one., after we switched this, our issues went away.  For the over restrained sketches, you may need to go into your sketches and see what is going south. Maybe it is something the same on all of your parts. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

The best solution that I have in this moment is to delete all the tangent contrain and replace them for perpedicular.

It is help me

Gears Phenom

You could open a gtac ticket, Siemens always discuss NX legacy parts, being able to open a part from NX2 in NX11 and update without issues.  

or you could up load a part, and have people check it out.