cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mold Wizard: Problems creating a master mold for interchangeable molding parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

I am creating a mold to form different molding parts. It shall be a master mold, because I want to change the inserts for different molding parts.

I have initialized a new mold wizard project with the first part. Using the same function "Initialize Project" I have loaded a second part. In the assembly you can see two "_prod", one for each. See the attached picture.

When I now use the functions of Mold Wizard, for example "Create the Workpiece", or "Define the areas" (Function #1 and #2 in the attached picture as an example) it always refers to the second loaded part (Product #2 in the attached picture). I do not know how to do changes in the Product #1.

When I delete Product #2 ("TSG-Stammwerkzeug_prod_158") and try to use the functions of Mold Wizard, it tells me that it can not link to an active part.

Does somebody know, how I can tell NX which "_prod" I want to work in with the mold wizard functions? Please tell me!

Best regards

Sascha

2 REPLIES

Re: Mold Wizard: Problems creating a master mold for interchangeable molding parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

To switch between Product #1 and Product #2 use the "Family Mold" command.

Re: Mold Wizard: Problems creating a master mold for interchangeable molding parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello johnpk,

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I was looking for.