I have created an ER that I think is useful for many customers.
For instance some dialogs don't use dialog memory at all, like the modeling hole dialog, so it is cumbersome to create holes of different depths based on vector, since you need to reselect this every time you hit apply.
If you would like to have more control over which dialog remembers its settings and size ask GTAC to be linked to ER#7963849 (control dialog memory for each dialog individually):
* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
the is no way to enable or disable dialog memory for individual dialogues
* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
we want to control the dialog memory for each dialog individually
* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
instead of relying on the internal management of dialog memory being saved within a session or across sessions, we want to control this on our own
* Do you currently have a workaround?
* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
the global setting for dialog memory should specify the regular behavior of dialogues
each dialog should allow to specify its own memory option, like "remember across sessions" or "remember within session only"
in addition it should be possible to specify if the size of the dialog window is remembered or not across sessions or within a session
* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
HIGH, usability and reliability
* Other information:
keep the user from resetting dialogues that he would like to always start from scratch or the opposite
keep the user from resizing dialogues that are always to narrow and/or small when they are displayed
Thanks in advance for making NX a better product based on its community.