Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over highlight problems

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am recently having problems with the mouse over and the selection parameters.

Sometimes, without any apparent reason, the highlight selection on rollover stops working and, for example, when I double-click a Sketch it doesn't go to the "Edit Sketch in task environment". It just does nothing. It is very annoying to work like this, having to go to contextual menu to edit EVERYTHING, even a dimension...

I think the Selection preferences are as they should be.

Captura.JPG

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES

Re: Mouse over highlight problems

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

maybe I understand your problem: make sure that the selection filter is set to No Selection Filter.

Ciao

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Cesare,
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the problem is not that one.
I actually can select the features, the problem is that they do not highlight when hovering with the mouse, nor let me double-click them.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It could be that the user.mtx, or dialog memory, or registry settings (or some combination thereof) is corrupt.

My test for this:

1) File -> Help -> Log file

- search for "UGII_USER_DIR" - note the folder this points to

- if above not found, search for "user.mtx" - note the folder this was loaded from

2) Exit/close all NX sessions

Use regedit to save the registry key & subkeys for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\(insert NX version you are using here) (e.g. "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\10.0" for NX10) to a file somewhere (as a suggestion, the folder from step 1)

3) Use regedit to delete that registry key

4) Rename the folder from step (1) to something else (e.g. rename

C:\Users\(your username here)\AppData\Local\Siemens\NX100 to ...\NX100_bad

5) Restart NX, see if the issue is cleared.

If it is NOT cleared, you can exit NX, and restore the registery and folder and try something else

If it IS cleared, you can now work in NX, however you have lost all your GUI customizations (border bars / toolbars/etc.), so you will have to re-create them.  NOTE: If you had saved a ROLE, you could try restoring the role to see if that will re-apply the GUI customizations without re-introducting the issue.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Ken, Thanks for the answer.
I tried this and didn't work. Still same problem.
I also thought it may be because the assembly is quite heavy and may have some kind of corruption or some corrupt part. I tried other parts but still does the same, so it must be something else.

While I am working, sometimes it starts to behave properly, but only for a very short period of time.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Typically when selection (or any other interaction) behaves unexpectedly like this it's due to your graphics driver.  You've already ruled out that it's part specific, that the behavior is not as it should be (based on your preferences), and you mention that it's intermittent.  These are all clues.

Make sure that you're graphics driver is up-to-date.
The GTAC website has a spreadsheet to check whether your driver has been 'certified' based on your workstation/graphics combination (click on the "Certification Matrix" tab) and has links to download the driver.  Siemens PLM works with specific hardware vendors to ensure that quality drivers are certified for our software to benefit our users.  In the rare occassion that the certified driver does not correct the issue you can download the latest ones from the workstation vendor's website, or the latest-and-greatest from the graphics card vendor's website.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the info. I see my driver is not up to date:

HP Z-workstation
Win 10
NVIDIA QUADRO NVS510
Driver version 353.62

According to this matrix, I should have the version 375.86. Also, I can't find my Graphics Card in the Supported Graphics list. I guess than then I should rely on this statement:

The certified drivers from both NVIDIA and AMD may support graphics cards that are not supported by Siemens PLM. While the graphics card may work, they are not supported because the vendor will not resolve OpenGL issues on these cards.

Also, I see that those drivers do not support FX graphics. Is this critical?

My colleagues running the same system are not facing these problems, but sometimes we see some weird graphics behaviour that usually gets fixed when pressing the "Start" button (orient to Trimetric view).

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

If you don't see your driver on the certification matrix, don't assume that the ones listed are suitable for your graphics card.  It's possible that the driver listed is for the quadro professional cards rather than the NVS devices.  You would be better off visiting hp.com or nvidia.com to download drivers for your configuration or your card respectively. 

From what I've read, the NVS product line are suited for 2D business graphics and driving multiple displays, rather than 3D CAD, multimedia, and heavy graphics processing, which is what their professional, or "P" series, products are intended for.  That said, and as you have found, NX will work on the non-professional devices - but expect performance to be slower and to witness graphical anomalies.

It appears that the FX series are now considered 'legacy' products.

Are your colleagues running Windows 10?

Have you tried running NX in Window 7 compatibility mode?