Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse scroll to zoom stops working after alt+tab

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have found that if I use 'alt+tab' to switch from NX to another program and back again a few times, the mouse scroll to zoom stops working. I also find that the buttons I have set up on my space mouse no longer work, and there is also some button or key that I press (haven't worked out exactly what it is yet) that causes NX to switch to full screen view. The only way I've found to fix the issue so far is to close and reopen NX.

This was something I first noticed on NX8.5, I've recently started using NX11 and am having the same issue. Has anyone noticed the same thing and is there a solution?

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES

Re: Mouse scroll to zoom stops working after alt+tab

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

No, i have never seen this. 

one of the questions should be as designed, Alt+ Enter is the shortcut for full screen view. Repeat to reverse that.

Regarding the mouse scroll and the spaceball, 

Do you run a certified workstation, certified graphics card ?
certified graphics driver ?
Are you running a "special mouse" with an accompanying mouse driver ?

I have seen a couple of situations where a "special" mouse driver gave odd reactions to NX.
I myself tried a gaming mouse with several buttons  a couple of years ago, the way to activate these buttons was through the accompanying mouse driver. Then NX started to halt for a couple of seconds, then everything worked again like nothing had happened. no traces. This issue disappeared when i uninstalled that Mouse driver. 

Regards,

Tomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry, forgive my ignorance - when you say certified workstation, certified graphics card & driver, what do you mean?

I am using a 3dconnexion 3d mouse with accompanying driver. Apart from this occasional issue I haven't noticed any other problems.

Thanks,

Chris

Phenom
Phenom

@lowdo,

Certified workstation means all the hardware, drivers and OS (and versions where applicable) are tested, certified & most importantly supported by Siemens to run their software.

For example, if you were to have an unsupported graphics card and it was found out to somehow be causing your zoom issue then that would be your problem to fix, not Siemens.

-Tim

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

And if you are wondering how to find out what is certified...

Start here:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/certifications.shtml

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom
I have seen similar issues with a 3DConnexion 3D input device, but not exactly what you describe.

-I find it peculiar that when I switch window focus using Alt+TAB, if the cursor remains in the NX window, NX zooms by rotating the 3D device controller about the X axis, the way scrolling works in a 2D document. Actually, I get this behavior no matter how I switch window focus.

-Sometimes when I start NX, the 3D controller does not work at all, and I need to immediately restart NX.

I am using NX 11.0.1.11
I am not using supported hardware.
I am using Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.371
My 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator Driver Version is 1.4.0.12688, 3/12/2016

In my case, I don't think anything is broken bad enough to try to fix it.
I don't have any reason to think that NX is the problem. I just figure it is a Windows thing.
It is just a First-World problem.

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Ken_A @TimF Thanks - it appears everything is certified except for the graphics driver so I'll try with that updated and see if I still get the same issue.

@MarkLawry Agreed - it's nothing serious, just a bit annoying having to reopen NX, especially if it's a big model!