Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move text and line at the same time

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I've a .dwg pneumatic scheme imported into a NX drawing. Now I've to edit this drawing adding and moving pneumatic texts and lines. I would like to move a group of texts and line at the same time, but I can move only curve entities. I've tried to add to a group, but move object command doesn't select text. Actually I don't have idea apart to create a temporary symbol.

Suggestions ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

7 REPLIES

Re: Move text and line at the same time

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Can you use the origin tool of the text and use of character and link this to the line?

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Does the text from the dwg file get converted to an NX note object or something else? Does the text show up in the modeling application as well as the drafting application or only one of them?

Can you upload a small example file?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

maybe I wasn't too clear, but have an idea of a pneumatic scheme where there are many texts and lines and you need to move them from a point to other point ?

Thank you...

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I have a pretty good idea of what you are doing, but I'm confused about your statement:

"but move object command doesn't select text"

Because I often use the move object command to move notes and labels in the drafting application.

My first response is usually "have you checked your selection filter?". If it is set to curves, then it will not select the text objects. Since you are an experienced NX user, I assumed that you already checked the selection filter. So my next line of reasoning was "maybe the text from the dwg file doesn't get translated to an NX note object and are inadvertently being filtered out".

It may not be important, but I was wondering if you were working in the modeling application or directly on the sheet in the drafting application. If the notes exist in the modeling view and you create a drafting view on the sheet, you may not be able to select the notes directly to move them around.

A small example file might make everything very clear.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Menu -> Edit -> Curve -> Stretch

One of the most unkown (and best) ways to edit dumb 2D curves.

Anything "completely within" the boundary rectangle will be moved.

Any lines crossing the boundary will be extended/contracted as needed to move the ENDPOINT to the new position.

If you rectangle select, the text will come along for the ride (I think the text origin has to be in the rectangular selection window).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

attached the drawing. Usually I use the 'Move object' command, but when I need to move texts and lines together I can't. I can use the command two times if I know the direction and the offset, but usually, in pneumatic scheme I move point to point.

Thank you...

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think the problem is that all your curves are inside a sketch (on the drawing sheet) and the text is notes (also on the drawing sheet). I wasn't able to move any of the curves without making the sketch active, but once the sketch is active then you then don't have access to the text (which is not part of the sketch).

One thing I did to overcome this was to export your drawing as a CGM file (keeping the text as text, not polylines). I then re-imported onto a new sheet and now get the behaviour you are after. This type of approach doesn't use drawing views - all the entities just exist on the drawing sheet. Another option is to have the curves and text in modeling space and place a view of them on the drawing (less preferred opton I think).

Regards,

Geoff Donohoo

NX10.0.3.5 & TC 10.1.4.2
Dell T3600 32Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 4000
Windows 7