Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move texts via 'Move object'

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I've a dwg imported into a drafting view. Now I want to move texts (recognize as notes), via 'Move object' command, but texts aren't selectable. If I add a note it's possible. Why NX recognize imported dwg texts as notes but treats new notes as different notes ? Solutions ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

8 REPLIES

Re: Move texts via 'Move object'

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It could be the ones you can't pick are actually in the VIEW (rather than the drawing).

Try expanding the view & see if they are selectable?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Drafting is a representation of you modeling space.

When you import the DWG file it is imported into the modeling environment and are notes there.

You can select the notes in modeling and replace them there.

But you can also select the note in the group in drafting and then use edit to change the location of the note. (works not very nice)

Note_location.png

A convert to drafting note should be a good solution here, but that's not there at this moment

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @ruud_vandenbrand,

when you import dxf/dwg files into NX, you can decide where they are imported. I've imported lines and texts into a drafting view. If I switch to modeling application, the model is empty.

Sure that imported texts are tagged as note, but they aren't completely treated as notes.

Thank you...

Can you upload a small sample file that shows the issue?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @cowski1,

thank you for the interest. Attached a small sample file that shows the issue.

Thank you...

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

"Information > Object" lists the notes as "View Dependent In: VIEW@3".

Using the Part Navigator, right click "VIEW@3" and choose "Expand".  Move Object can now be used to move the notes.  When you've finished moving them, right click VIEW@3 and choose Expand to return back to the drawing sheet.  This behavior is typical of notes view dependent in a view, rather than placed on the drawing sheet.  You should be able to drag the notes on the drawing sheet to reposition them without having to use Move Object.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

thank you for the information. For dragging notes in sheet view, I'm able as always.

My question born when I construct or edit schematic dwg imported into NX, where some schematic areas which notes and curves need to moved together. I can move two times, one for curves and one for notes, but in my case, notes only on expand view.

It's possible during import or after import do not have notes as "View Dependent" ?

Thank you...

You can expand the view and cut the note objects then unexpand the view and paste them onto the drawing sheet. After doing this they will act like the normal note objects that you are used to.