Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple leaders on radius annotation in drafting, NX8.5?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I've been looking for a solution on how to make more than one leader on a radius annotation in drafting, but for some reason I can only get this for welding annotations and texts...

Can someone please help me on this one - is it possible to put more than one leader on a radius annotation and if so, then how??

Thanks for an interesting forum!

- PJNG

8 REPLIES

Re: Multiple leaders on radius annotation in drafting, NX8.5?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't think you can do that.

What I'd do is to create a text annotation and make it look like a Radius dimension.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I agree with MSV with same work around. Not best option, but only one available that I know of.

Phenom
Phenom

If you have 3 radii, create 3 dimensions and lay the origins over one another then dimensions will at least update if model changes.

Not saying it's easy - but it should work.

-Tim

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Creating overlapped dimensions and annotations will not sound a good practice.

In addition to MSV comment, @TimF you can create a hole diameter expression in modeling application and use the same in text annotation and ultimately create multiple leaders so that it will update as model changes. Hope this will help!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated!

I tried the suggested solution regarding using a blank text box to get the leader and then hook it onto the radii leader (as I used to do in the old IDEAS days...), but I cannot get the text box leader to attach to the radii leader in the right spot (where leader and horizontal line under the text connects).

Best solution so far in my eyes is to make the different radii and then stack them on to of each other - not really a proff. solution, but it updates automatically...

Thanks for your help ones again!

- PJNG

Siemens Phenom

@PJNG

I have attached a part file created in NX 10. Added view in drafting containing radial dimension with multiple leaders. Radius value is controlled by expressions defined. The way Radial dimension is displayed in view, Was that your requirement/ intension?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ganesh_Kadole,

Thanks for your effort in helping out! Smiley Happy

Unfortunately I cannot open the file because I run NX 8.5... Could you post a screendump or two of your suggested soluiton?

Thanks once again!

- PJNG

Siemens Phenom