Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX 10.0 Hardware and NX10.0 Viewer problems

Hi guys,

I was actually told that there is a list of hardwares that I'm suggested to use while i'm using NX 10.0, however currently I would like to install "NX10.0 Viewer" on a low cost tablet computer. Is there any suggested hardware with regards to this? Because all i need is a tablet computer for my convenience to open NX files. I doubt there should be any need for me to purchase a expensive tablet computer just for that function right?

Hope someone could answer my question.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: NX 10.0 Hardware and NX10.0 Viewer problems

[ Edited ]

NX is not developed for iOS or Android, so you need at least a tablet computer with a supported Windows, Linux or OSX release installed.

See the hardware certifications in the quick links at the bottom right of the GTAC page for supported operating systems on different hardware.

There is also a special note about the Microsoft Surface products, that NX is not supported on Windows Starter Edition.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hello @Jeth,

NX Viewer, is nothing more or less, than a Full NX installation, where you have limited capabilities, and therefor a much cheaper license. But officially the answer is, No it's not supported on low end tables. As @Stefan_Pendl has already pointed out that iOS and Android are not supported. But I don't think you want to use this. And also as told, on the website you can find what it officially supported

But... I that being said, if you just want to use it just for viewing assemblies and parts, there is a good chance you can do just this with it. But no guarantees... If you really want to go for a tablet, and be as "certified" as possible. You should for the Microsoft Surface models. These are certified, with a caveat on the graphics. So far I have not heard of any issues with the Surface pro's.

If you want to use "any" general Windows tablet. It could well work, but if you should encounter issues, we first need to reproduce it on a certified machine, in order to send it to development. So really no guarantees there.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Maybe JT2Go is better solution if view and mark-up is what you are needing.