Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10.0 - movie capture (codec)

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have some question about movie capture. Many times I need to send or show to my customers an animations about manufacturing their parts.

I know that there is some Trick to install the good codec and add proper environment variable. So.. I tried first to install ffdshow_x64 codec pack and next step: environment variable as UGII_MOVIE_CODEC=FFDS

On first it was working only on my latest Nx versions 8.5 and 9.0 but on my NX10.0 still was only one Microsoft Video 1 codec (..arghhh). Dont know why but I remeber that I change internal windows setup to use only ffdshow and after comupter restart on every NX version I have only now Microsoft Video 1 (movie >> settings).

Reinstall of codec pack didnt work so I dont have any idea how to fix it Smiley Happy

PS. Topic was already discussed in Cam area but I was directed here.

Best regards

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making
2 REPLIES

Re: NX 10.0 - movie capture (codec)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What problems are you having with movies created using the Microsoft Video 1 codec?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: NX 10.0 - movie capture (codec)

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hey John,

Main problem with standard Microsoft Video 1 codec is LOW quality of the recorded movie. For better presentation I need to record directly through NX by using better codec as FFDS.

My friend in another company have this codec set in NX and the quality of recorded movies is equal to HD.

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making