Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 10 Basic Curves

I seemed to have misplaced my "dialog bar" for basic curves.

any suggestions as to getting it back?

7 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 Basic Curves

Have you tried going to...

Preferences -> User Interface -> Layout

...and selecting the 'Reset Window Postion' button?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Spoiler

Yes, tried that 1st.

Yes, tried that 1st.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author R_Newcomb
‎01-11-2016 09:39 AM

Are you missing the tracking bar from the basic curve dialog or the basic curve dialog itself?

If you are missing the tracking bar, open the basic curve dialog, then follow the steps given by John. If the basic curve dialog isn't open at the time you "reset the windows", the tracking bar won't come back.

Hi,

Has it anything to do with the ROLES. I guess the basic curves will be missing in Essentials Role.

Else you can try fetching it back from customize. (Attaching an image herewith).

Hope i understood your question clearly.

Best Regards

Kapil

l

Hi @all,

This is a known issue. There are existing PR's for this, and the issue is solved for NX 11.0.

Method to "find" it back is described above here, but you might also look at this:

http://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?si=001-7393714

As soon as you go to another application, the tracking bar will disappear again, same steps to find it back again can be used.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

[ Edited ]

I imported my customizes Role from NX9.

In NX9 the dialog bar shows up fine in basic curves, just not in NX10

I'm refering to it as dialog bar as thats what its called in the Help.

Thanks Cowski, I didn't have the Basic curve command open when resetting the window. That fixed it.

[ Edited ]

I just confirmed that after upgrading to NX 10.0.3.5 MP8 , once the tracking bar is Reset, it sticks. It'll be there after application change.

EDIT:  If the reset is done within Modeling, it'll retain the tracking bar within modeling only. You may switch appications but in Modeling the bar will be available.

Andy.