Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 10: Error While Creating Variable Radius Edge Blend

Version: NX 10.0.1.4 MP3
Has anyone else experienced the following error while trying to apply a variable edge blend in thier NX 10 session?

The error happened when I was trying to create an variable radius edge blend using variable blend pts. along a tangent set of edge curves.
-Tangent curves selected
-Individual Pts were selected at variable radius size locations and given varying sizes.

The warning message that pops up reads as:
"Modeler error: calling KI before the previous call completes"

After the initial warning dialogue pops up and the user selects "OK" the dialogue just continues to pop up and NX must be shut down by using the Task Manager in Windows.

Michael Pinto | Designer
NX11|Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit|HP Z-Book Studio G3 Workstation|Intel XEON E3-1505M|32GB Ram|Nvidia Quadro M1000m w/4GB
5 REPLIES

Re: NX 10: Error While Creating Variable Radius Edge Blend

I can't duplicate this using NX 10.0.2.5 (the next MR which will be available soon).  Perhaps you could at least provide a picture of the model and what the blend looks like before you start to add the variable radius points.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

The same error appears for me when I tried to extrude two curves. the two curves are edges of two different solids.

I use NX10.

Is there a way to go around this error without closing NX?

Have you opened calls with GTAC and (at least) provided syslogs of the session?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author nikemike
‎04-08-2016 10:28 AM

Since upgrading my NX 10 to NX 10.0.3.5 I have not seen this issue in my particular case. Siemens must have fixed this problem in my case.

Michael Pinto | Designer
NX11|Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit|HP Z-Book Studio G3 Workstation|Intel XEON E3-1505M|32GB Ram|Nvidia Quadro M1000m w/4GB

I am getting same error during usage of replace face command.

It force me to kill NX from task manager.

NX 10.0.3.5