Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 FILE NAMES

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HI,

DID ANYONE NOTICE NX10 ALOWS YOU TO HAVE : Ñ, Á (stresses), even () pherenesis in its file name or path???

I DID NOTICE IT (NX10.03) BUT I AM NOT PRETTY SURE IF ITS WORKING COMPLETELY OK.

IT DOES OPENS OR LOAD COMPONENT WITH THOOSE CHARACTERS, BUT DONT KNOW IF THIS IS AN ENHACEMENT OR WHAT. I DIDNT FOUND THIS IN "WHATS NEW NX10".

ANYONE?

1 REPLY

Re: NX 10 FILE NAMES

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Actually this is working as intended starting with NX 10.0.

There is a rather brief description of what and why this was done in the 'What's New Guide' in the section titled...

System Administration -> Internalization and Localization -> Using local language in NX applications

Granted, it doesn't say a lot except that you can now use the same character sets for File, Attribute and Expression names as well as in some other places in NX as are supported for the various languages that NX can be run using.  This includes not only most all of the special Roman characters like the ones you mentioned, but also character sets like Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.

The only characters which are not allowed are those which both LINUX and Windows explicitly disallow for item naming 

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA