Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 - How do I restore the full content the MORE flyout (modeling, feature panel)?

Legend
Legend

Hello all

One of my coworker was trying to customize his interface and he ended up losing lost almost all the tools of the MORE flyout of the Feature panel (application Modeling). Is there a way to restore it to his full content?

Restore ribbon content.png

Thanks

Laurenj

7 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 - How do I restore the full content the MORE flyout (modeling, feature panel)?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I'd try switching to the "advanced" role (resource bar -> roles -> content -> advanced). Save your current layout as a new role in case you want to switch back as you may lose all your current customizations, which sounds like it may not be a bad thing in this case.

Re: NX 10 - How do I restore the full content the MORE flyout (modeling, feature panel)?

Legend
Legend
Thanks Cowski!

I will suggest that to him. but I highly doubt he will be happy to loose all his hard work. i was hoping there was a non destructive way to fix it.

Laurenj

You could use customize to put all the commands back where they started. Would it be easier to redo the previous customization or put each lost command back one by one?

Either strategy should get what you need; tedious work either way.

Legend
Legend
yeah! it sucks both ways.

You can use MenuScript to customize menus, toolbars, and ribbons. The menuscript customizations are not as volatile as using "customize" and it lets you share the customizations site wide. It takes a bit more time to set up initially, but the benefits might outweigh the time cost.

Legend
Legend

Never heard about Menuscript before! I will take some time to look into that whenever possible. Thanks for the suggestion.

Laurenj

If you are going to research file based UI customization, I recommend this document: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/unigraphics/ugdoc/nx9/nx-9.0.0/NX_Ribbon-Cu...

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens