Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 MCD: Memory leak ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi 

We are running an NX 10 MCD Simulation with an OPC connected PLC. It should run continuously because it is a demo application. 

However, when the simulation has been on for about 15 minutes, its starts to slow down a lot and the graphics starts to lag. 

I noticed that the memory (RAM) is increasing by time when the simulation is on and the service ''ugraf'' ( NX 10) .exe is increasing in memory usage all the time. 

memory.PNG

What could we do for this ? 

The only solution we know that helps now is closing NX and restarting the software again. 

7 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 MCD: Memory leak ?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

this is strange we had some long running SImulation working perfectly fine before...

• Do you use Object Sources in your Simulation?
  • What version of NX10 do you use?
  • Is this Behavior also occuring without OPC Connection?

Best regards,

Viktor

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi 

-No, there are no object sources generating new objects. Only three moving objects that move on a conveyor. There are some collision surfaces and collision sensors.

-Version is : NX 10.0.0.24

-Yes, the behavior is the same even without OPC connection, the memory usage starts to grow and the simulation slows down a lot after some time. 

Siemens Legend

Hi Makro,

Since 10.0.0.24 is a very early NX10 release, I would recommend to update to the latest Mainentece Release (10.0.3.5) first.

Best regards

Viktor

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi 

I updated to 10.0.3 mp05  and there is no effect. 

It looks like the memory issue no longer  occurs if I remove some collision bodies from my model. These collision bodies are however needed in the simulation. 

What could help ? 

Siemens Legend

Hey Makro,

is it possible for you to share the part of the assembly in which the collision body is located?

If it is on the main assembly level you can try to use the "Change Owner Component" function to get the collision body into a sub part by right clicking on the collision body.

Otherwise we would probably need to start an Incident Report (IR) on GTACSmiley Sadhttps://webtac.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/qtac/index.php5?lang=en).

Best regards

Viktor

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi ,

Could you pm me your email so I could send you the files. 

Moving the components to another owner component did not seem to work. 

However, making a sub part of the assembly the ''work part'' and running the simulation only with that part active removed the issue.  

Siemens Legend

Hey Makro,

I just sent you an PM.

Best regards,

Viktor