Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 PART SAVING

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When unexpectedly power was gone then how to save the part file automatically in nx 10.0 to aviod the rework....

is there any settings to save the file automatically when power .......if there please help me,...

thanks for your support....

3 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 PART SAVING

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

There is a manual option to get save reminders by  modifying " INTERVAL FOR SAVE CHANGES REMINDER" setting in customer defaults (gateway/general/part) but if you want to have automatic save operation commencing at a time period then you will probably require a routine to do so.

I have no idea if this practise is followed anywhere so would surely like to get experts opinion on the same (i am scared if the session gets terminated while saving the files...it might leave you with corrupted files).

Best Regards

Kapil

Phenom
Phenom

Automatic saving was discussed in the past if I recall, but Siemens will not add it to NX as there are several negative things to consider, one of them being the fact that saving removes any undo marks.

Always do a manual save at convenient times (where losing undo capability is ok) and if you are seriously concerned about power outages look into a UPS system, you can buy these on Amazon for as little as £60.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.2 MP1]

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I second @Inch's suggestion of using a battery backup, or "uninterruptible power supply" (UPS). If/when your power goes out, one of these will power your computer long enough so that you can save your files and shut down properly.