Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 - Reorder or insert drawing sheet in Drafting mode

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to insert a new drawing sheet between existing sheets?  I'm working on a drawing that will have a minimum of 40 sheets.  I'm on page 26 and realized that I need to add a new sheet after page 18.  I know that I could go in and move all of the views and notes from one sheet to another, but I haven't found a simple solution to just insert a new sheet after page 18.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 - Reorder or insert drawing sheet in Drafting mode

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

When you add or edit a sheet, you can assign the "sheet number" in the dialog. When you use a note like:

<W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER>

the system attribute will reflect the number that you assigned to the sheet.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey cowski1,  Thanks for the info. I've been using Pro-E / CREO for 15+ years and very comfortable with that and have been using NX for a little over a year now.  I've been doing primarily modeling/assembly work and some drafting, but haven't been very involved with creating attributes for drawings.  There's a lot of things that I do like with NX, but I realize often that there's much that I need to learn.

Can you please explain something for me?  When using this note "<W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER>", do I need to create an attribute first and then add something in the Sheet Number field within the Edit Sheet Pop-Up window?  Pardon my ignorance.  I've been reviewing the NX tutorials, but still have a lot to learn.  Thanks

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

"When using this note "<W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER>", do I need to create an attribute first and then add something in the Sheet Number field within the Edit Sheet Pop-Up window?"

When you add a new sheet, it is automatically assigned the next available sheet number; if you need this sheet to be something other than that, you can edit the value and any sheets after the entered number will be reordered. The sheet number is a system attribute (created automatically by NX) and you do not need to do anything before using it.