Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 - Section View Default Alignment

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all. I have what I hope is a simple question. Whenever I place a section view, the default alignment is set as "Hinge." I want the default alignment to be "Inferred." How do I change this as a global setting for every drawing I'm working on.

I found this thread (https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Drafting-mode-view-alignment/td-p/40...), but this suggestion did not do what I'm looking for.

3 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 - Section View Default Alignment

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

I want the default alignment to be "Inferred." How do I change this as a global setting for every drawing I'm working on.

Hi @ilarson007,

It does not appear that this option is available as a Customer Default or otherwise.  I also noticed that Dialog Memory does not retain "Inferred" as the last option used - it always resets back to "Hinge".  So it does not look like you can set this as a global setting and it will have to be set every time.

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello @BenBroad. Something changed within NX, because it used to default to Inferred every time. We then did (I think) a Teamcenter update, and that's when it started defaulting to Hinge.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @ilarson007,

Is your problem that your section view remains aligned when placement is set to Hinge?  I can see that from NX 9 to NX 10 there was a change to the Section View dialog, as a result the default placement is now Hinge, whereas placement wasn't an option in NX 9, so the result in NX 9 was similar to using Inferred Placement in NX 10.  As I mentioned, I couldn't find a preference, or Customer Default, to control this setting and it's unlikely that an upgrade to Teamcenter would have affected the behavior.  If you truly suspect that there is a regression, please open an incident report with GTAC and they will investigate this in detail for you.

Regards, Ben