Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 documentation error

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello guys,

I am having a trouble in lauching nx 10 documentation server and i'm attaching a file and even there is problem with the graphics in drafting application,when i give the dimensions to the certain model lets say 100mm it's displaying 00 everywhere and if i'm trying to get help it's showing localhost not found..can someone help me with this and i'm using win 10 os 

23 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 documentation error

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @karthik6,

Since I do not have much info here. Did you actually install the Documentation server?

And if you look in your windows services, is is up and running?

If you have installed one of the later versions of Java, you might need to upgrade you doc server to v 2.0 (the one that comes with NX 11.0, but can also be downloaded from our website).

If you have an active internet connection, you can also remove the System variable for the doc server, and NX will automatically point to the documentation on our website (no webkey is needed here). This works from NX 10.0.3 onwards.

To work with the Online Documentation server, remove your system variable, that is probably set:
UGII_UGDOC_BASE
Or manually set it to:
UGII_UGDOC_BASE=https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com

On the problem you have, with missing numbers, Please check the following. In your Customer Defaults --> Simulation --> User Interface --> Turn off "Expression Expert Mode", if it is turned on. Maybe this will help.

KIind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you installed version 2.0 of the documentation server, which is mandatory now?

Have you installed JRE 8u111 x86 and x64 on the host running the server?

Is the server using port 8181 or another one, see the documentation of the server installation for the registry keys of the services.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Thanks mate i'll check with that. Thanks for your support.

Sure I'll try with that and do i need to unistal the previuos version of doc server and instal the V 2.0 or jst replace it with 2.0 without uninstalling.

can you share the latest java file coz i have a trouble finding it.

Thanks

Siemens Phenom

Hello @karthik6,

Here you can find bot the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java:

https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

And about installing the doc server V2.0... you can just upgrade your current version without installing the old version.

There is only one remark I would like to make. If you upgrade the existing one, without uninstalling the old one first, It will run by default on port 8181, which might give you some problems with the 3DConnection Space Mouse.

If you uninstall V1.0 first, and then install v2.0, If will by default change the ports to 8282, so you'll avoid the 3DConnection issues. But when doing this, you also need to re-install the documentation itself, not just the doc server.

I hope this makes it a bit clear.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer

Thanks @Dennis its working Smiley Happy

HELLO,

ive the latest version of doc sever 2.0 and for the dcumentation i ve ugdoc10.0.0 so,now i/m getting an error .can you explain how to deal with this and giving the path locations in environment variables.

Siemens Phenom

Hello @karthik6,

I'm not really sure waht you are doing to get to this point. Because, you say you are on NX 10.0, and you want to open the NX 10.0 documentation, but In the error message, I see it's trying to open NX 11.0 documentation.

So can you please tell me from where you are opening the documentation? What is it you to to open this page?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Dennis de Brouwer