Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 drafting - Add standard tolerance to hole diameter

Legend
Legend

Hello all

I have a hole (General Hole in Modeling) and I want to add a standard tolerance (H13) to his diameter. The callout is generated using the hole callout option of the radial tool.

But the setting I'm looking for is not available in the tolerance type drop-down.  Am I missing something? I spent almost an hour fiddling in the settings with no luck. Did they removed it from the list? If yes, WHY?

3-Hole callout2.png

Laurenj.

7 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 drafting - Add standard tolerance to hole diameter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I can still find the H7 tolerance fit in the RADIAL/diametral  dimension Style settings but not the HOLE CALLOUT.

Best Regards

Kapil Sharma

Legend
Legend

Hi Kapil, thanks for your input.

I'm well aware of that. But I think this is undermining the benefit of the hole callout.

I was expecting this setting to be at least available for General hole. Ideally, it should not be available only when Clearance Hole is used.

This is important for me because I started my drawings early and things are always changing. Using Hole callout is a great way for me to have some kind of automation with minimal effort.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Totally agreed Laurenj. Sorry i could not be of much help.

I hope you would not mind initiating an ER for the same (in case we have not missed out anything)

Best Regards

Kapil Sharma

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Laurenj,

Couldn't this be done by just adding the H13 text to the right of the diameter size?

~Jason

Legend
Legend

Done! IR 7628683 submitted today!

Laurenj

Legend
Legend

Hi Jason,

Of course yes, we can add the tolerance as appended text. But if the diameter is changed to 6.6, the tolerance value will not changed accordingly (should become +0.22/0).

Costly mistakes were made this way in the past, that's why we are trying to keep things linked as much as possible.

Laurenj

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Laurenj,

Thank you. I guess I could of guessed that was the case. I will be looking forward to the response.

~Jason