cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10: radial view issue

Legend
Legend

In Modeling when using RMB to access the radial view commands, they keep resetting.

I'll customize it to my liking, particularly adding Static wireframe. save my role. then exit NX via File-> exit and sooner or later the commands disappear.

The Radial View menu does not revert back to standard, jut whatever I customized disappears..

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2017 r2
Testing:NX12 EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro
9 REPLIES

Re: NX 10: radial view issue

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I guess you are on 10.03? If you enter a task, sketch task for instance, the custom command is wiped out. I think it happens with any task you start. So, realize shape or sequence will show the same behaviour. 

I prefer the sketch task over direct sketch, especially for editting. So I needed some rewiring to not use the sketch task. When you sketch from withing the hole command you end up in the sketch task. If you misclick inside extrude you will enter the sketch task. 

After working with for about 2 months I get used to it and get a bit better in avoiding any task environment. And I reload my role very often. 

The PR: 7574400

I don't understand how this could not be noticed during development. 

W10 NX11.0.1

DJS wrote:

The PR: 7574400 

This has been fixed in NX 10.0.3 MP2, which should be available in about a month. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend

any hotfix for it now?

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

NX 10.0.3 MP2 should be available 11 March 2016 

Steve V

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

R_Newcomb wrote:

any hotfix for it now?

1.  try not to get in any task environment (which turns out to be pretty hard)
  2. make your role easily accessible so you can reload it anytime you need to. 
W10 NX11.0.1

Legend
Legend

I suppose its a better answer than, "fixed in NX11" Smiley LOL

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there a solution to this problem? Everytime I switch into sketch my RMB view tab resets. I am running NX10.0.3.5. I have to reload my role each time I switch in and out of sketch.

Legend
Legend

I'm running MP06 and it seems to have fixed it.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for the Help R_Newcomb, I will download Mp6 and see if that does it.