Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11.0.1 released today

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi NX Design Community,

NX 11.0.1 is now available for download.  NX 11.0.1 offers over 100 user driven enhancement requests.  More technical information on these will come in this Community.  We already have global PLM customer successfully deployed on NX 11.0.0.  Looking forward to you benefiting from these enhancements, and hearing your feedback.  Anyone considering deployment in the next 3 months?

George

NX Design

Siemens PLM Software

24 REPLIES

Re: NX 11.0.1 released today

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi George,

Just for everyones information I will be posting some movies illustrating some of the NX 11.0.1 enhancements, in fact the first one is already there https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/NX-11-0-1-Isolate-in-New-Wi...

This covers the new Isolate in New Window capabilty enabling an even better way to design in context of an assembly.

Look out for more very soon.

Paul

Hi George,
I've also posted a movie showing the new Selection Intent for Lines and Curves.
It can be found at https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/Selection-Intent-in-Lines-a...

This enhancement provides more flexibility to the user when creating points along a curve and Lines normal to a surface.

Nico

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Combine is a new feature modeling command in NX 11.0.1. The purpose of Combine is to “combine” multiple sheet bodies. Combine is a Boolean. Regions of intersecting sheet bodies are selected to include in the combined body.

Follow the link to find a knowledge base article:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/Introducing-Combine-in-NX-1...

Eric

Eric

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Where can i find detailed information about processor multi-threading in NX 11?

Preferably compared with NX 9, but i know that is unlikely.

Kind regards,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I posted a short description and a movie of the NX 110.01 enhancements for reference curves and dimensions in Sketcher.

Check it out in the Knowledge Base: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/NX-11-0-1-Reference-Curves-...

Regards, **bleep**

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I dont mean threads in terms of CAD in any way. I mean threads as in how a computer processor runs NX

Thomas

NX has internal system services that support multi-threading or multi-core.  In NX 11, NX Realize Shape subdivision modeling, Lightweight drawing views, CAE file open processing, Display facet cache, Shape Studio analysis display and Ray Traced Studio rendering setup are capabilities take advantage of this.

George

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not to sound negative, but that means 99% of the time NX will run on a single thread right?

Kind regards,

Hi Thomas

I do not believe that is an accurate takeaway.  I listed the new capabilities recently enabled for multi-threaded in the post response based on the question you asked.

Also, a number of capabilities operate in synchronous modes.  And throughout NX, there are performance approaches implemented to speed the user's engagement.

George