cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11.0.2 - Maintenance Pack 2 Announcement

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Dear Siemens PLM Customer,

NX 11.0.2 MP02 is an accumulation of fixes built for installation on top of Windows 64-Bit and Linux 64-Bit images of NX 11.0.2.

To select the release package(s) for your platform(s) click on the following link or enter the URL in your browser address window:

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/download.php

Note: A valid WebKey account is required.

From the Download page, enter “11.0.2.mp02” (including the quotes) in the Search box to see a list of links for the release letter and available release packages.

Alternatively, the release packages can be found using the file navigator by selecting ‘NX’ from the menu on the left and then expand the following folders: Product updates > Maintenance-packs > Nx11 > [platform].

Sincerely,

Ben Broad

Siemens PLM Software

24 REPLIES

Re: NX 11.0.2 - Maintenance Pack 2 Announcement

Phenom
Phenom

I have downloaded it 3 times, using 2 different browsers, and I keep getting this error when trying to install:

NX11.0.2mp02_error.JPG

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom

I just downloaded it and ran it successfully.

Try using an Admin NX Command Prompt (right click NX Command Prompt and choose "Run as Administrator) and manually set the UGII_BASE_DIR environment variable.  Then manually change the directory to the update folder and run ugs_update.bat directly.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

That worked, but I've never had to go thru those hoops to install an MP before.

-Dave

Siemens Phenom
I didn't have to follow those steps, it worked for me by double clicking the executable. I suspect for you it was likely due to Microsoft Windows permissions.

Cheers, Ben

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dave -

Did you try right-clicking on the (.bat or .exe) -> "Run As Administrator"?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, that's how I usually do it.  Even tried a second time, just to be sure.

-Dave

DaveK wrote:

That worked, but I've never had to go thru those hoops to install an MP before.

That's true for me too.

I tried to install it by 'Run As Administrator' but got the error.

NX11 error.JPG

Try using an Admin NX Command Prompt (right click NX Command Prompt and choose "Run as Administrator) and manually set the UGII_BASE_DIR environment variable.  Then manually change the directory to the update folder and run ugs_update.bat directly.

@BenBroad, I did not try it by setting environment variable "UGII_BASE_DIR" manually. But is it really needed for this MP? 

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Ganesh_Kadole

I did not try it by setting environment variable "UGII_BASE_DIR" manually. But is it really needed for this MP?

No, I don't think it's necessary (it should be set correctly anyway if you're running from an NX command prompt).

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom

Hi All,

I've tried it as well. I know that since working on Windows 10 I need to use "run as administrator" as soon as something changes to the C:\program files\ folder. Cannot do much without admin rights.

Simply double clicking the update.exe does not work for me as well, I get the same error as you guys see. When I run the update.exe with "run as administrator", all just runs fine.

Again, never had this issue on Win 7, just on Win 10. Security has tightened a lot!

One other change I've noticed. Starting the NX command prompt from Windows 7, starts the command prompt automatically "as administrator". On Windows 10, the same command prompt, starts as "normal" user. And even though this user can be local admin, you do NOT have all the Admin rights you get when you select "run as administrator"

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software