Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11.0.2: Mechanical routing. Stock dimension with decimals gets truncated to integers?

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I have added some angle bars to my stock library via .ptb and .plv files but when browsing for stock info in the part navigator, I see that dimensions with decimals gets truncated into integers. Please find attached screenshot.

The radius dimensions should read 6.5 and 3.5. However, when measuring on the stock body itself, the decimals appear.

Is there any way to increase the number of decimals shown in the info window?

May I add that I have  Teamcenter 8 integration when running NX, and that i am using part families to add stock items.

Thanks for any clarifications!

2019-02-12 15_51_22-NX11 (NX Setup Bergen Engines AS Prod 30.09.2018) - Routing Mechanical - [B01037.png

10 REPLIES 10

Re: NX 11.0.2: Mechanical routing. Stock dimension with decimals gets truncated to integers?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Eirik_xyz 

Take a look at your Customer Defaults and see what "Number of Decimal Places" and "Use System Precision in Information Window" is set to for Information Window:

Screenshot - 2_12_2019 , 7_34_48 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Re: NX 11.0.2: Mechanical routing. Stock dimension with decimals gets truncated to integers?

Creator
Creator
Hi @BenBroad

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to enable this option, but still no luck. System precision seems to be 11 decimals.
Anything is worth trying.

Regards,

Eirik

Hi @Eirik_xyz 

Repeat your steps by right clicking on the Stock feature in the Part Navigator and choosing Properties.  Review the Attributes tab - do you see attributes for r1 and r2 and if so, what are their values?

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Hi @BenBroad

The values are still integers, unfortunately.

2019-02-12 19_50_22-Stock Properties.png

Regards, Eirik

Can you upload the ptb file?

Creator
Creator

Hi @BenBroad,

Sure. See attachment!

Regards, Eirik

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I'm going to guess that replacing the commas for periods for the decimal point is the issue.

Doug

That was it @Doug  - good catch!

@Eirik_xyz, you will have to replace the commas in your ptb files with periods for the decimal places.  You might also want to submit an ER with GTAC to request that commas be recognized in the ptb files.

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator
Hi @BenBroad and @Doug,

This fixes the decimal issue!
By the way, I'd like to point out that attributes for a stock does not update once it's created. So if you change attributes in the ptb or plv file, only subsequently created stocks will have updated parameters.
This metadata thus seems to be static.

Thanks a bunch for all assistance!

Regards, Eirik