Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11.02 dimensioning of e.g. 2 radiuses (min. distance)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I would like to ask you, if somebody know (I hope yes) how to make dimension "min distance" between e.b. two radiuses or two splines, example is attached. 

Thank you in advance for any tip Smiley Happy min.distance.JPG

5 REPLIES

Re: NX 11.02 dimensioning of e.g. 2 radiuses (min. distance)

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

One option: switch to modeling and create an associative "measure distance" feature with the "create output geometry" option toggled on; use the line or points to create your dimension in drafting then hide the measurement objects.

Phenom
Phenom

@OJe,

I believe if you are using Rapid Dimension, you can change the Measurement Method pulldown to Point to Point and make sure your Snap Point setting has Tangent Point enabled.  This will work for arcs and most splines.

-Tim

Experimenter
Experimenter
The solution with "rapid dimension" unfortunately does not work, one point I can select with "tangent selection" but second point it is not possible select in this way. This way I can make dimension, but only by coincidence I can determine the minimum distance, it is not exact place. I tried to do new sketch where I draw a line with minimal distance, then made the dimension and at the and hid the auxiliary line. But I am not sure, that this is the right way, it looks too difficult, there should be a command for it, it is basic function available in other SW.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What about expressions -> measure distance?

Is there a solution that leaves geometry (line or points) that you can dimension to?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Similar to what @cowski1 and @Ken_A suggested - create a sketch in the view on the drawing sheet.  Construct lines such that their end points are tangent to the objects being measured and parallel to each other.  Draw a line between the end points and use this to drive your dimension and then hide the sketch by clicking the checkbox under the view in the Part Navigator (part attached).  Compare your result to the Distance Measurement "Minimum Distance" command.

Regards, Ben