Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX 11 - What's New - Expressions

Creator
Creator

Hi Scott,

Thanks for quick reply, it works for me as well.

Phenom
Phenom
Hi,
it's possible into NX 10 or NX 11 when I edit an expression, visualize expressions of other feature, add this expression in the expression I'm editing, visualize the expression of other feature, add some expressions in the expression I'm editing ?
Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Can you give me details about what you are looking to do? I am not sure what you are asking for.

Scott

Phenom
Phenom

@ScottFelber wrote:

Can you give me details about what you are looking to do? I am not sure what you are asking for.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I would like if possible, during expression editing, if I select e feature, during to scroll related expressions, show in graphic area, the selected dimension, so I can understand about the selected expression. Another question is why when I select the second feature, the expression that I'm editing, disappear, losing the formulate added. See video attached.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

The issue as I see it is that it is showing object parameters and when you pick one feature and move to the next it does go away. I mocked up a similiar workflow and after I picked the first value I wanted I set the filter to all parameters and then picked the next feature and it kept the first value I picked. This will help you in the near future, but if you expect the value to stay without the extra pick I would suggest that you submit an ER to GTAC. 

I have attached a movie showing what I mean

Scott

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom

Scott is correct here...  Reading the error message will help you understand the specific nature of the problem.

And for the record, this aspect of expressions (the evaluation of units) has not changed at all from NX 10.  You would have gotten the exact same guidance from this exact same expression.  :-)

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Tel: +1 (602) 441-0683
taylor.anderson@siemens.com

Phenom
Phenom
Hi Scott,
the video help me. I would like to download it. How I can ?
Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM