Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11 Workspace Interface Not Working

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I recently downloaded NX through my University with their license.

Upon installing NX, the workspace interface doesnt work or respond when trying to sketch, model etc. Instead it is just a black screen.

Can anyone help fix this issue? I have attached a photo below

5 REPLIES

Re: NX 11 Workspace Interface Not Working

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What graphics card do you have in the PC?

Are you using a PC with a graphics card that supports OpenGL?

If your PC has an interanal to CPU graphics processor and and external graphics card, is the graphics preference set so that NX uses the graphics card?

Steve V

Siemens Phenom

Hello @toby2,

Like Steven said... What Graphics card are you using? And besides this have you tried other versions of the Driver?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok I have 2 graphics cards:

Intel(R)UHD Graphics 620

NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

When running NX on the NVIDIA the black screen occurs but when on the Intel the problem doesn't occur.

The NVIDIA is up to date on the drivers, and does support OpenGL (https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-940mx/specifications)

Do you know why this may not work?

Cheers

Toby

Siemens Phenom

Hello @toby2,

The GeForce Card are nog supported for NX. See here. GeForce Cards are Gaming cards.

You might be lucky when trying some older drivers, but it will be trail and error.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Siemens Phenom

I am running NX on a MS Surface Book at the moment which is similar configuration to what you have.

In the NVIDIA Control Panel - Manage 3D Settings

under the Program Settings need to specifically add Siemens NX to the list of programs that use the NVIDIA processor.

If you have already done that, then looks like a case of trying a different version of graphics driver.

I have a couple of times after a major OS update lost the graphics functionality and have had to reinstall the driver (even though it says it is installed) to get it to work again.

Another thing to look at is the Windows Event Manager under Custom Views - Device. May be some clues there to a problem.

Steve V