Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11 fully constraint sketch color not showing ??

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi ! since I have upgraded to NX 11 I am having issue with fully constraint sketch that does not show color.. Maybe it is me but NX 11 doe snot have the same behavior as my prior nx9.. I have imported my role.. and looked at all the options.. Right now it lloks like my fully constraint color is the original cyan.. but it never shows.. can not seem to locate the problem ? thanks to help

9 REPLIES

Re: NX 11 fully constraint sketch color not showing ??

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Pdemartin,

You can export 'Color Definition File (CDF)' from NX 9 and import it into the NX 11 to match the color palette.sketch.PNG

Then check what color is assigned  for the fully constrained curves in the sketch preferences as well as in the customer default settings. Assign the specific color for it as per your need.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi thanks

I did  not imported the colors from NX 9 but I did check for ....what color is assigned  for the fully constrained curves in the sketch preferences as well as in the customer default settings and both are cyan... which I beleive is the default color... but still not showing when sketch is fully constraint... Auto dimensioning is  ON.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Since auto dimensioning is on, the sketch should always be fully constrained. If the color of the curves do not match the defined "constrained" color, have a look at the "wireframe contrast" option. This can change the display color of lines depending on the background color to help improve contrast. If the option is toggled on, try turning it off to see if the sketch objects color changes.

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks ,I will try it,  but right now the problem is that the sketch does not even change color when it is fully constraint

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Pdemartin,

I checked this in NX 9/10 when a dimension dialog is initiated then it shows the assigned color for the fully constrained curves in the sketch preferences. I have also validated this in NX 11.0.1 but the behaviour is not same as compared to the versions 9 and 10. I suspect this as a problem/bug, as I used all the default settings initially. I thought that there may be some new changes/modifications for it but that is not true. Did not find any information/details about it.

sketcpreferences.gifNX 9: Fully constrained sketch color display

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Ah, I see now (I'm still using NX 9 for production work). Yes, this appears to be an issue that should be reported to GTAC.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
This was reported (PR) during NX11 beta. The PR was closed as designed with the following explanation:

"When Continuous Auto Dimensioning is enabled, the sketch ends up as fully constrained. In this mode, it isn't helpful to change all the curves to a new color. The color coding for constraint status is only useful when some geometry is underconstrained. If the user disables Continuous Auto Dimensioning, then it is possible to get underconstrained geometry and the color coding is used."

I verified that with Continuous Auto Dimensioning disabled that fully constrained curves show the fully constrained color and partially constrained curves show their respective color.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

"When Continuous Auto Dimensioning is enabled, the sketch ends up as fully constrained. In this mode, it isn't helpful to change all the curves to a new color. The color coding for constraint status is only useful when some geometry is underconstrained. If the user disables Continuous Auto Dimensioning, then it is possible to get underconstrained geometry and the color coding is used."

This is somewhat odd for me. Is it documented in the NX 11 documentation? I had concluded it as a bug when compared this behaviour with the NX 9 and 10.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @GaneshKadole,

Is it documented in the NX 11 documentation?

No, but it probably should be, so I opened a PR to have the behavior documented.

Regards, Ben