Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 11 release?

IT is doing some planning, would "first quarter of 2016" be fairly accurate, with information known at this time?

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1
41 REPLIES

Re: NX 11 release?

It would be more accurate to say "Spring of 2016".

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Good enough John, thanks.

-Dave

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1

we are migrating to NX10 from NX8 right now.

should we wait for NX11?

That's up to you, but it's still the better part of year away if you decide to wait for NX 11.0.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (Community Manager)
‎09-02-2015 11:49 AM

[ Edited ]

The reason I ask this is we went to NX8.0 production.

We had lots of "issues".

We then found that it (nx8) was kind of an intermediate release and that NX8.5 was the major release. I just want to make sure that NX10 is a major release.

NX10 and NX11 are major releases.

Since you are skipping several releases, your likelyhood of "issues" increases.

Whatever you decide, I would recommend you validate some of your workflows in a test environment, or at leaset with a pilot user, before deploying for production.

If you have CAM users, I would wait for NX 10.0.3 in a couple months, to bring those users up to date with CAM. Those same 10.0.3 CAM enhancements will also be in NX11.

If NX is critical to your buisiness, you might also consider beta testing. NX11 beta is starting now, and a CAM specific session is Oct 5-9. I understand it's asking a lot to take a user out of production to test for a week, but many users find this to be a good investment, and prepares them for a smoother deployment.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success

From experience in the past it is best to at least wait for the first MR to use a new NX release in production.

NX 11 is just on its way, whereas NX 10 has its second MR available, so you are better going to use NX 10 for production and NX 11 for testing.

Due to the amount of customization it is good to skip one release for production, but test each release if current problems are resolved.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 7.4, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0

Any News on the release date? Is it still spring 2016?

We are currently wrapping up our work on NX 11.0 and it is due for shipment to customers at the beginning of August.

You will be able to see and hear a lot more about what is in NX 11 that will help you in your daily work by coming to see us at Connections in Orlando (and the various country events around the globe) and by following the news/blog section of this site where we will be posting some "sneak peek" videos and keeping you updated.

Regards

Paul Brown