Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11 without feature playback

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

up until now we always told our designers to occasionally use feature playback to check if the model regenerates without a problem (Helped many times to find problems earlier).

This was especially useful when many changes were made while switching between (current) features.

In NX 11 this feature is gone and I cannot find a replacement or even information that it was removed.

Does somebody know why it was removed or better if there is a suitable replacement for this feature?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES

Re: NX 11 without feature playback

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The replacement function is called 'Replay' found under Menu -> Edit -> Feature -> Replay

Be certain to set the Modeling Preferences -> Update tab -> Edit During Update Dialog Appears on group to show errors, warnings and missing references.

It appears the documentation for this change did not get updated on time, but it appears in the documentation for NX11.0.1.

Siemens Phenom

Is this what are looking for?

Replay.pngFeature Replay

Scott

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello RonY,

I see replay as a workaround rather than a replacement for playback.

Because you have to rewind before replay and I compared it to playback.

It is also a bit slower than playback.

But it`ll have to do.

Thanks for your replay.

Siemens Phenom

Replay function has superseded Playback because it makes all update functionality consistent as it uses the same mechanism as Make Current Feature and Edit with Rollback. The main advantage is that you can stop the replay and go into normal editing as if you had done a Make Current Features somewhere in the timestamp list. Also you can control how long the display stays at each stage of the replay.

As for the comment on speed of replay, do you have "Save Data for Fast Rollback and Edit" set in your customer defaults?

Steve V

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Steve,

I`ve tried a older file I had on my hard drive.

Yes we have the “Save Data for Fast Rollback and Edit”.

I will refile the file and try again.

Thanks

Klaus