Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 12.0.2 - Maintenance Release Announcement

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Dear Siemens PLM NX Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that NX 12.0.2 is now available on the Siemens PLM download server.

NX 12.0.2 is an accumulation of fixes and small enhancements built for installation on top of Windows 64-Bit, Linux 64-Bit and Mac OS 64-bit images of NX 12.0.0.  Note that while Maintenance Release NX 12.0.2 will replace the previous base installation of NX 12.0.0 (or NX 12.0.1), it is also itself a complete base installation and therefore does not require NX 12.0.0 (or NX 12.0.1) to be previously installed.

Please note that this Maintenance Release will only be shipped (on DVD) by request.

To find the release package(s) for your platform(s) click on the following link or enter the URL in your browser address window (Note: A valid WebKey account is required):

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

From the download page, enter “nx-12.0.2" (including the quotes) in the Search box to see a list of links to the release letter and available release packages.

Alternatively, the release packages can be found using the file navigator by selecting ‘NX’ from the products menu on the left and then navigating through the directory structure by selecting: NX Support > NX Supported > NX12 > Maintenance-release > [platform].

NX 12.0.2 also includes updates for the Release Notes, What’s New and NX Help documentation.  This update is separate from the Maintenance Release package and can be downloaded from the same platform folders, or you can access the documentation from the Siemens PLM Doc Center website.

Please note that the download zip file has been split into 3 smaller files using WinZip, instead of one large file.  Because of this change you will need WinZip, or 7-Zip (the newest versions are recommended), to extract the downloaded files.  Please refer to the README file for more information and for Maintenance Release installation instructions.

Sincerely,

Ben Broad

Siemens PLM Software

14 REPLIES 14

Re: NX 12.0.2 - Maintenance Release Announcement

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Not sure what I am doing wrong...I've downloaded them twice, and always get the same error.  Also tried from my local machine, as well as this shared network location.

Error.jpg

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @DaveK,

I have no problem extracting those using 7-Zip (Version 18.05 x64). You may need to use latest version of 7-Zip.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Yep, 7zip version update worked.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I didn't have a problem. I'm using 7zip version 18.01 (x64). I opened 7zip, navigated to the nx-12.0.2.zip file, drilled down to the dvdrom1202_nx folder, selected it, and chose the "extract" option.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello,

Does NX12.0.2 have the installer only maintenance release not include base?

My customer complain file size too large.

Thank you.

Regards,

Stanley

Any NX 12 MR is always shipping as a full installer, so you don't have to install base => MR => MP, but you just install MR => MP.

In addition it seems that upgrading from a previous NX 12 installation is not running well in some cases, so it would be best to remove NX 12 and do a fresh install from the MR only.

To speed up the removing, delete all folders contained in the installation folder.

Removing and reinstalling is even faster than upgrading, god knows why.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

@Stefan_Pendl wrote:

Removing and reinstalling is even faster than upgrading, god knows why.

Remove & re-install takes 1.5+ hours from my testing.

Are you saying "upgrade" takes even longer!?!?!

Yikes!

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

@Ken_A wrote:

Remove & re-install takes 1.5+ hours from my testing.

Are you saying "upgrade" takes even longer!?!?!

Yes, on my fasted system it took about 2 to 3 hours and the system is really fast, since it is a brand new HP Z6 system.

Another system manager of a different company did some testing for upgrade versus remove and install, he told me that he was removing and installing two systems in a row during the upgrade process of one system.

The systems have all been the same configuration and brand.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi Stefan,
what do you mean more in detail with

"seems that upgrading from a previous NX 12 installation is not running well in some cases"?

I encounter a problem after upgrading 12.0.1 to 12.0.2!
Using customized CAM templates fails, even after upgrading them using 12.0.2.
"A keyword is missing. See Syslog for details"