Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 12 Pattern behavior

Genius
Genius

Hello, We recently went to NX 12 from NX 10 and I noticed that the patterns are no longer automatically updating.  Is there something that I need to change to fix this?  It worked OK in NX10.  Thanks

11 REPLIES

Re: NX 12 Pattern behavior

Phenom
Phenom
@s_hightower,

Have you tried using Renew Feature on some of your features? It might be of interest to see if that helps speed things up in the assemblies where you were noticing laggy behavior.
-Tim

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @s_hightower!

I'm going to guess that you have the Customer Default for "Automatic Update of Patterns" set differently (is probably Off) compared to your NX 10 setting (was probably On).

CD-automatic_pattern_update.JPG

Genius
Genius

Hi @PatMcManus!  You "guessed" correctly!  Thanks  

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What kind of patterns are being explained here?

Pattern features, geometry and faces or patterns as in Title Blocks?

Genius
Genius

Hi @PhilipCarpenter, This specific question was for pattern features and then component reference patterns (that were referencing the original pattern features).  I had created a pattern of mounting holes and then, in an assembly, I had created a reference pattern of mounting hardware that would be assembled in the original mounting holes. I had changed the original holes, but the reference patterns for the mounting hardware were not updating automatically.   @PatMcManus had thought that I didn't have the correct setting checked in customer defaults and he was correct.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

We had that same setting turned "off".  I find it confusing, that the setting is in Gateway General, and not someplace related to assemblies, or modeling feature patterns?  From the pop up description, "This option determines whether or not patterns should update automatically.", it's not very obvious what type of 'pattern' they are refering to...feature? face? assembly? old drawing patterns? all of them?  some of them?  but then I realized, this is actually pretty typical for NX Smiley Happy

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

How to use thread cutter for a custom 3D helical profile? 

Bluestacks TextNow VPN

Genius
Genius

@klimbo23, You might want to start a new forum entry for that question.  I'm not sure what that is, but I'd think it would be a completely different topic.  Thanks

Genius
Genius

@PatMcManus, Doesn't that setting location seem to be in a rather random location (thrown under "General, Miscellaneous")?  I had to update that setting again because I got a new computer, but I couldn't find the location for it.  I'm glad I asked this question awhile ago.