Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 12 for Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

after succesfully installation of NX12 on my Mac OS 10.13 I can not execute NX. After double click to run the application I can see the starting window (see attachement) and the NX icon bumps in the dock. After seconds I get the message, that the applications fails to start.

XQuartz is installed succesfully and the connection to the license server is available. within the licensing tool on my mac I can see the available bundles.

Within Console I only get the following error message, if I use the string filter "nx":

standard 20:18:51.077585 +0200 mdworker cpio importer encountered an error (3) scanning "/Users/####/Library/Application Support/Siemens/NX120/history.pax".

In advance, thank you for the response.

Muhammed

13 REPLIES

Re: NX 12 for Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi!

Normally, the History.pax file is created when you first open NX and updated each time you open a part in NX.

I would suggest that you find it and move it so NX can generate a new one.

Also could you show us what's inside the file?

Franck

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Franck,

thank you for your suggestion. After deleting the history.pax and trying to start NX a new file was generated. NX failed to start again Smiley Sad

The following content was inside history.pax. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Palette author="UGNX2.0" originalURI="/Users/###/Library/Application Support/Siemens/NX120/history.pax" schemaVersion="1.0" xmlns="http://www.ugsolutions.com/Schemas/2002/UGPalettes"><Presentation application="All" bitmap="rb_history" name="History" translate="0"/>
</Palette>

Thanks

Muhammed

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Muhammed,

One thing seem's odd.. normally the originalURI should state "UGNX2.0" originalURI="/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Siemens/NX120/history.pax" schemaVersion="1.0"

Are you running it has standalone liscence?

Thanks

Franck

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey,

I replaced the real username with "###". Sorry for the confusion. It is not a standalone license. I already configured the server adress for the network license. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Alright so I did a little digup on the internet and not been a MAC user but linux well.. some difference apply.

but from what I found MDWORKER is basically the indexing system for MAC file. Either MDWORKER his not quick enough to list the file between the creation moment and the moment NX call's it or the file is locked from acces to MDWORKER.

the solution might be in the second post @ : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2342513

I would suggest try this next.

?? have you tryed turning your computer off and on again ?? Smiley Tongue

Experimenter
Experimenter

Disabling the indexing helped. There is no longer the error message about MDWORKER. But I still can't run NX.

I have found the following error message within system.log:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.siemens.plm.nx.89876[886]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

PS: I have restarted my computer many times.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Could you have more info by running it from a terminal?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I assumed.... In linux at least it goes through every detail of what's going wrong when you lunch a software.

I really don't know about MAC but since they are fundamentally the same.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The following error message occurs when I try to start NX from terminal:

open NX12.0.app/
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/Siemens/NX12.0_Apps/NX12.0.app.

I found out that after renaming the app bundle the Mac Gatekeeper restricts the access.

https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-packager/issues/323

Stopping and starting the process didnt help for me.

I then have tried to run NX via

open /Applications/Siemens/NX12.0/nxbin/ugraf

and got this message:

Error: attempt to add non-widget child "dsm" to parent "ugnx12" which supports only widgets
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

I will try to install and run NX12 on another computer with MacOS  tomorrow and keep you in the loop.

Thanks