Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX 12 for Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you verified that the version of NX and the version of the Mac OS are certified?

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/certifications.shtml

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi mydmr,

Did you make any progress on the issue? I have encountered the same issue as well as the same error codes.  

Are you using the APFS drive format and is it encrypted? I suspect this may be the issue.  I want to avoid having to re-format my machine to HFS+ though.

Thank you.

Creator
Creator

Hi sjanicki,

there is no progress on the issue.

I am using the AFPS drive format, which is not encrypted. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi mydmr,

Do you know if the drive format is the issue? Is APFS supported by NX?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I had the same issue on Mac OS 10.12 Sierra after upgrading XQuartz to 2.7.11. Apparently XQuartz changed their library format.

The solution for me was to set the environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace as described in https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/community/board/read.php?1,155086,155087#msg-155087

Regards,

-Bil 

Creator
Creator

It works. Thanks a lot.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey guys, how did you enter the commands? using the X11 terminal, or the Mac terminal? and is it line by line? like:

touch ~/.bashrc 

echo 'export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace'

~/.bashrc

Thank you in advance,

Manuel

Experimenter
Experimenter

I ALSO am having the same issue with a new Mac High Sierra install. I have uninstalled, run "sudo -s" then done the installation instructions, and have added the lines mentioned by the person who said they had success to my .bashrc, .bash_profile, .bash_login and .profile files (one at a time and would try again). Nothing seems to work. Very frustrating. Hopefully you are able to help!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry, I finally gave up on my Mac and switched to a Windows workstation. Sadly, it seems that support for Mac OS is very limited

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

So my situation only came up after upgrading the XQuartz X-windowing software.  To avoid questions about particular init files like ~/.profile, I actually have an alias that puts it in one line that I use at the terminal to launch NX12:

env DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace:/usr/lib:/Applications/Siemens/NX12.0/ugii /Applications/Siemens/NX12.0/ugii/ugraf