Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 2D Layout

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I'm exploring the capabilities of the 2D Layout application and I have a scenario I'd like to address and wondered if it would be possible to do.

1: I'm provided with a simple step file of a gearbox, it could consist of solid bodies or an assembly of bodies (could be either).

2: I save a copy of the section curves (I don't want to use the project option) which places each bodies curves in to a group in the part navigator.

3: When I open the layout application, I can see the groups which contain the saved section curves in the part navigator but I cant see them or appear to be able to use them?

So the question is, is it possible to use section curves from the model application in order to create 2D components in the layout application?

Cheers

Si

4 REPLIES 4

Re: NX 2D Layout

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Si_W_1974 ,

Try this: Create from 3D command.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Thanks Samadhan

I already knew of this method, I was looking for a way to do it from either existing section curves or even from some imported dumb curves from a dxf or cgm for example.

Cheers

Si

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Si_W_1974 , I don't think there is any way. Please contact local GTAC team, they might be able to help you or you might need to report an ER for the same.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

We tried to do exactly as was mentioned in this thread with Nx 2D Layout , we have legacy data in TeamCenter , iges, and sectional data from other cad packages we wanted to leverage in 2D Layout but found out the only way to import this data was to put it in the REuse Lib so you can drop it in the layout but then you lose the ability to manage the imported data from where it came under its own Item, Item Rev so we are just going with traditional part and wave linking the 2D sectional data the old way , we really could use an enhancement see attached image , we tried everything to get the horizontal 2D layout parts into the Nx 2d layout  

Barry 

Barry Waldie