Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[NX 7.5]: Assembly Sequence Questions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there,

I'm in charge for a huge assembly animation task (~ 200 parts) at my job and need some tips to ensure a high quality of the upcoming assembly sequence.

In a video on YT you can see that its possible to show / hide single parts during the sequence so that each part appears immediatly before being assembled and not before. This video was done for NX 9. Do I have this show / hide option in NX 7.5 as well and if yes - how do I find and use it?

Another important question to me is how to increase the quality of the sequence video that NX is exporting (resolution, sharpness, color display, etc.)?

Thank you very much in advance for you help!
Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Re: [NX 7.5]: Assembly Sequence Questions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, you can do the same thing in NX 7.5.

As for the quality of any movies made using Assembly Sequencing, they are limited to the current screen resolution and color quality.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Download this codec: https://support.techsmith.com/entries/22894318-Camtasia-Studio-Download-for-64-bit-TSCC-codec

Select "Tools > Movie > Settings" and change the Compression from "Microsoft Video 1" to "TechSmith Screen Capture Codec".  You should find that movies captured using "Tools > Export to Movie" in Assembly Sequence (and "Tools > Movie") are of much higher quality.  The downside is that you will have to supply the codec along with the movie for anyone else to watch it.

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks JohnRBaker, for your support. 

But I need help regarding assembly sequence in nx 10.0. My issue is that i want to show the component name or part code along with the video while the sequence is running with respect to the componet which is getting assemble and disassemble.

Please if is there any way to do that kindly hekp me. I hope positive response.

Thanks & regards

Goli Nagaraju

golinagaraju4@gmail.com

+91-7989979994.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GOLI,

Have you tried turning on Object Names?

Each component in an assembly is labeled by default and can be access via the 'General' Component Properties (right mouse click a component and choose "Properties > General Tab > Name)".  This is known as the COMPONENT NAME attribute.  This value defaults to the file name, but you can edit the name as required. 

This attribute can be displayed by selecting "File > Preferences > Visualization > Names/Borders tab" and changing 'Show Object Names' to something other than 'Off'.  One turned on, the COMPONENT NAMEs are visible in the graphics display.  If you're not happy with the placement, edit the Component Properties and select 'Specify name location' at the end of the Name text field.

I have verified that once turned on, the names remain displayed during Assembly Sequencing.

Hope this helps

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration