Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 7.5 X-form face finder symmetric not working

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Recently , I have a issue with the face finder of X-form. I modified the face pole with symmetric face seleted; but it will not update on other side of the geometry.

X-form.jpg

Pls advise if anyone has idea what is really happening ?

Thanks.

Jerman

12 REPLIES

Re: NX 7.5 X-form face finder symmetric not working

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jerman,

Sorry i do not have access to NX7.5 as of now...but can you check what reference option is being used ????

xform.jpg

Best Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator

Hi Kapil,

I think my  reference option is WCS-work part.

Untitled-4.jpg

I cannot edit my current reference as it is gray out with "Fixed" option :

Untitled-5.jpg

Jerman

Phenom
Phenom

This is a 'collage' of subsequence windows, I hope I was clear.

Ciao

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jerman,

Sorry it is a bit difficult for me to get it validated on NX7.5 but i am attaching a video herewith. To me it seems that the faces of the block you have shown in your image is symmetric w.r.t to the absolute CSYS but still ..

(view in My Videos)

Regards

Kapil

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @jerman,

Your screenshot shows "Select Face(1)" at the top of the dialog, so the symmetric face has not been selected.  The Face Finder section of the dialog shows Select Symmetric checked on the Settings tab, but not the Results tab, so we can't tell if you Symmetric selected there or not.  @Cesare shows this in his screenshots.

If you were able to complete this task in the past, but the command does not seem to be behaving correctly, you could try resetting the dialog.  At the top of the X-Form dialog (on the black bar), to the left of the Close [X] icon is a curly arrow icon which says Reset when you hover over it.  Select Reset and repeat your steps to see if that corrects the issue.

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the feedback. I manage to get the X-form working again.

Jerman

Creator
Creator

Hy guys

I´m having a similar problem - the symmetrical surface is not been detected too . I checked the option Symmetrical Selection at Face Finder before select a face, but it doesn´t work . I only can able to get the symmetry when the feature (a extruded solid) have  its symmetry plane coincident with a basic plane (XY, XZ or YZ) from the part origin. The options Results generally shows the Simmetry detected in that cases. I reset the dialogue box, but it didn´t make difference. In all of my cases, the option active at at Face Finder/Reference didn´t make difference over the result.

Can you hand me a hand? 

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
What is your 'Face Finder: Reference' set to and how does this relate to your part? Which version of NX are you using and can you upload the part or a screenshot?

Creator
Creator

Hi BenBroad. Thanks for your reply. NX11. Here a sample file for analysis. Thks in adv!