Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 8.5 Drafting Center Lines

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

Hi Experts,

is there any way to include (in whole view) center lines ?

The problem is that I generated views without the center -line preference

and now I have to include.

I know I could use Center Mark ,but I would like not to have to select any hole

to include these center -lines.

Any suggestion?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: NX 8.5 Drafting Center Lines

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is an 'Automatic Centerline' option that will add centers to the whole view.

It is the last option in the pull down menu.

It will add centerlines not center marks, though.

I don't know how to change the default, if you even can.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi FidelM,

There is an option in the center line drop down to achive that. Click Center Line drop down > Automatic Centerline, then choose the view for which you need to generate centre lines. This will add centre lines to all the circles and cyclinders in the view.

Center_line.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

image.png

how to use offset option in 3D c/l command?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I would like to know how to show a centerline for a blind hole in a part drawing in NX 11

In other words the blind hole and centerline is visible on the face which it is made on.  If I want the to use the center of this hole for a dimension on the blind side of the hole in the part how do I create the center or project the center on the view of the part of the blind side face

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Do you have hidden lines enabled in the view?  If so, you can insert a centerline along the hidden line representation of your blind hole.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I would like to know if you want to have center line for dimensioning.

If you want for dimensioning purpose, you can have a sketch line named "CL" included in properties on your model.

While dimensioning through linear dimesion using cyclindrical method, just type CL in name selection and it will automatically detect center line and you can just select the 2nd object.

Regards,

Ravi

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Ravi369 you used to be able to do something like that, but it's been so long since I've worked on large cylindrical parts, I don't recall the details.  Since Siemens changed the centerline tools though, I'm not even sure the old terminology would work, or if the same technique carried over.

Actually...look at the Use Baseline option:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#goto:drafting:xid620809

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid1128417:index_drafting:id7017...

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10