cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 8.5 Part family creation - datum plane is not updating as spreadsheet value

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, In master part I am creating feature in datum plane which is referenced at a distance from WCS. This distance is different for family members. When I create part family this datum plate is not moving according to the spread sheet value is taking default value from the master part. How to fix this issue? 

3 REPLIES

Re: NX 8.5 Part family creation - datum plane is not updating as spreadsheet value

Genius
Genius

Hi,

when you create a plane with reference to the WCS, then the plane is a fix plane with no parameters. In NX you can't reference assoziative to the WCS. Create first an object (e.g. Datum CSYS) in the WCS and then reference the plane to this object. Then you get a parameter, which can be controlled by the part family.

Regards André

Re: NX 8.5 Part family creation - datum plane is not updating as spreadsheet value

Experimenter
Experimenter

I created datum plane and I want to  move wcs to datum with associativity. When I move wcs to datum and update parts WCS is not moving according to datum

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
WCS will never move automatically - that is a manual tool. Use Datum CSYS if you need associative coordinate system.